N.E.C. STYLE: Shoping on a budget 2013

Shoping on a budget 2013

An old college roommate of mine came to me with this question. Its one I get a lot and thought it could help someone else so she and I thought it best to post. 

Hope this is helpful to all. Enjoy

Friend: "Listen, since you do fashion; do you know where I can get good quality clothes for free or very cheep?....Within the last year I have lost 45lbs...so went from a size 14 to an 8 and I need clothes badly as I really cant afford to buy a new wardrobe...let me know. Thanks"

My response: Wow! Congrats on the weight loss. The best thing you can suggest is find a consignment shop. There you will be able to sell your size 14 clothes for store credit or cash and use that to buy your size 8 clothes. These days consignment shops have great selections maybe even vintage items.

Also look into "swapping" parties in your area. They're a big trend. I just help organize one for plus size women (Fat Girl Flea Market...if you missed it you missed a lot) and the stuff I found was amazing. I walked out of their with an Ikea bag full of clothes for 50.00!!! When I got home and priced a few of my items...I had one skirt alone that cost 150.00 retail. Even my shopaholic ass was amazed.

Google swapping and your town or go to www.meetup.com and see what you find.

Foot note for my readers: If your plus size and live in NYC Re/Dress in Brooklyn NY has the best selection of Vintage and is a consignment shop. If you have no idea what I am talking about RUN! to Brooklyn and get in there!!! You won't leave empty handed
Post a Comment