N.E.C. STYLE: Not Backstage @ Marlon Gobel....but FRONT ROW!!! Fall/Winter 2013

Not Backstage @ Marlon Gobel....but FRONT ROW!!! Fall/Winter 2013





I have been working backstage at Marlon for the past few yrs.  The experience is one that I live for every fashion week.

This year I wasn't able to work Marlon show.  My ever growing fashion show schedule did not make me available for the call time and I was devastated.

A week before fashion week, I received an email inviting me to attend the show!!!! Its hard to express what I felt for so long I have loved this line and to have them invite me was a dream come true!!!

The setting for the  show was at a white lofty space with very little lighting nor decor.  Plus, with the snow from winter storm Nemo falling in the background, the setting gave the show the feeling it needed to keep up with the theme of Marlon's fall line.

"The Punishment of Luxury",  is based on the idea of  menswear in a post apocalyptic world.  Even though it was simplistic, almost ready-to-wear, the Luxury was not missing. The suits and jackets were quilted but high quality.  The sweaters were turtle neck but cashmere.  The pants where casual but cut to perfection.  Even the accessories consist of a 50's inspired Army hats, compasses at hips and rain boots.  One model  had a backpack that resembled a sophisticated RTO.   

The colors  were an array of gray, black, army green and navy.  Dark yes...but fitting for Fall.  In true Marlon style, the dark was broken up with tan, white with Marlon's signature, red plaid. 
THANK YOU Marlon for bring luxury back to menswear

 Some of my fave looks from the show







Was allowed backstage to take pictures of models
Pictures taken of the guys outside in NEMO!!!!

Marlon invited me to take pictures with the models having fun


Me with models 

Love these guys!!!


Here is a full video of the show.  Song is HOT!!!



Post a Comment