N.E.C. STYLE: The Curvy Closets Fashion Fund Raiser

The Curvy Closets Fashion Fund Raiser

For the second year in a row I attended the Curvy Closet Fashion Fund Raiser in Philadelphia. 


Domonique Revere-Lincoln and Collen Stovall have gotten together again to give fashion and give to a worthy cause.  Their charity of choice, Hairless 4 her Awareness, promotes breast cancer awareness in the Philadelphia community.  


The event consisted on vendors and designers.  One of the vendors I was super excited to meet was author 
TroJah Irby-Morgan.  Her book, "My Fat is not a Flaw", is a definite on my list of books.   I see book review being added to my future.  Hummmm.....


Great meeting you TroJah


I have always wish I had more time to explore this beautiful historic city but like most of my travels...work work work!!! Colleen gave me full access to talk to the designers before show time. It was a great to see and talk to creative people excited about sharing their creations. 



After questioning the designers (some within an inch of there lives)  I changed into my outfit for the night. 

My outfit was a bit different for me.  I decided to tie up an vintage workman's blue shirt.  I thought it would show off some mid-drift but the Jibri high waist skirt put a stop to that.  Oh well...will try it next time.


Finally, I topped the outfit off with vintage jewelry, my Phillip Lim (target style) camel satchel bag, and crop orange jacket.  

Needless to say this outfit was a big hit.  It was colorful and I loved every bit of it.  See, not everyone from NYC wears black!!! 
Me on the pink carpet

You know I love a selfie!!!

Ok back to the designer.  The run of show was impressive.  Some of the designers were Sean Anthony Designs, Eyani Couture, Empress LingerieKiyonna Elocin and the debut of  Allison McGevna’s new fashion line Twenty Four 20.  All jewelry was supplied by NYC native, Geraldine Polanco of  VORTBOOMjewelry.  Here are some pictures.




























Post a Comment