N.E.C. STYLE: N.E.C. Fashion Style Capsule Collection Presentation

N.E.C. Fashion Style Capsule Collection Presentation

I was asked to do a presentation of fashion styling looks for Monica Jones Sip and Shop Fashion Show Event. 
The event was a combination of fashion and shopping for pre-holiday shopping.   Participants was also treated to wine and mixed drinks to sip while they shop.  

There were several designers showing urban, knit wear and gowns . Monica felt the show was lacking plus size clothing and ask me to be apart in order to show plus size.





I have not done a presentation so I thought this would be an amazing chance to show my creativity abilities as a stylist. Needless to say, I WAS NERVOUS!!!! Wondering if presenting was good enough and if people would like if not love it.  My friend said it best when he said "You have no worries and nothing to loose".  With that advise I said yes and started putting my looks together.
Ok enough talk here are the pictures



"Rizzo"
My first look was a everyday look with a bit of edge I called Rizzo.  Model, Jamila, is wearing Studded biker Jacket (Simply Be), Phillip Lim scarf (transferred into a shirt), high waist dark denim jeans (Simply Be) and tall boots (model own).




Flower Power
My second look I called flower power.  I feel this dress is a great way to show of curves but still be very femimine.  Flower print contour Dress & Belt (Simply Be) paired with  matching jewelry and bag.  Shoes are model's own.




Totally 80's

The third look I wanted to go big hair big belt and off the shoulder.  Totally 80's was great to do on this petite plus model. Purple is a very good color and I wanted to show how to wear a oversize sweater in a very classic way.  


Animal Instinct
 My fourth look I wanted something edgy yet could be seen in a magazine (what I do best).
Model, YumYum, look was drawn up through my imagination.  Designer of all items (accept accessories) was my own.  This is very FIRST of N.E.C. Style creations.  The look was inspired by curvy women who wear allover prints. I paired the dress with faux fur vest that I changed the lining to an purple animal print fabric.







The LBD
Look 5, worn by model Charlene, is my version of the little black dress.  Dress is a mindi dress by Asos.  I created rushing around the middle area to hide most plus size women "problem" are.  Leather vest from Ashley Stewarts.  



Black and White and print
Look 6 is black look but with print. I wanted to show how to wear black  but keep it unique by mixing prints.  



Thank you to my models Charline, Yum Yum and Jamila for walking in my presentation


Thank you to my fellow stylist Imani for helping me out.  I couldn't do it without you.
Thank you to all that believe in me
 and support what
I love to do!

Special Thanks to:

  • Monica Jones
  • Matay
  • Imani 
  • Nanceiva "Mini Me" 
  • Simply Be
  • Lane Bryant
  • Ashley Stewarts 


Post a Comment