N.E.C. STYLE: STYLE EYE: ELOQUII "EXTENDED SIZE" LOOK BOOK: IS THIS A GOOD THING?

STYLE EYE: ELOQUII "EXTENDED SIZE" LOOK BOOK: IS THIS A GOOD THING?


CONGRATULATIONS EMMICIA BRACEY on her spread in Eloquii


Eloquii, plus size online retailer,  released a look book for their fall extended size items.  The look book used a size 28. Eloquii has always used a "larger" (for lack of a better word) woman for the extended sizes looks.  Sarah, Plus blogger of Style it Online, modeled the extended size looks when they were first introduced to the public. So my  question is... if they extended size was introduced over a year ago and they used a size appropriate model then, why is this news now?

My mom always told me to never accept things at face value.  Do the work.  Dig a little to see if its worth it.
While digging,  I came up with a few question:
"Should I be happy that Eloquii felt women size 26+ needed to be separated?"  Is this great because, the average women is ready to see plus-er size models in advertisements?  Is this exciting because the looks are are well put together?  Or are we excited because....we were told to be excited.

I have never been the person to see something and run with it so why start today.

Getting the email on the "NEW" look book in my email didn't excite me at all.  I was actually disappointed because I thought the brand had new items for 26+ exclusively.   If they did a different collection for the "extended size"...that to me is note worthy.  Nothing new...the items had already been shown. I'm good...next




Same items different models? Why?



When Eloquii first released their extended size over a year ago, I was not happy to see that a plus size retailer felt the need to separate their larger sizes.  I felt that same pain as seeing a big box retailer putting plus size clothing to the back of the store.  At lease they didn't separate plus.  We were all to the back.  But, considering how amazing the quality is and designs were....I let it slide. 

Don't get me wrong, Eloquii is a favorite of mine.  I not only used them for styling but also have staple pieces from them in my closet.

So to Eloquii...
I'm happy and excited that you have continued to use women of all sizes in your look books but let's not separate.  Show items with models of all size at once.  Include size 24+ models when showing new pieces each season  is much better than showing the same items but specially for the plusher side of plus like me.  All "extended sizes" are not shaped the same so this maybe helpful but not defiantly helpful.

Thank You


Some other looks from Eloquii 
that can be purchased in size 26-28














Post a Comment